Author Instructions for Final Camera Ready Paper Submission
This page contains instructions for authors of accepted papers to ICMSAO’15 on how to prepare and submit the camera ready versions of their papers.
Final paper submission consists of three critical steps needed for legally publicizing your paper:
- Complete and submit the Copyright Form,
- Check whether the paper is in IEEE Xplore-compatible format,
- Submit the Xplore-compatible PDF of the paper and Registration.
Failure to comply with all the required steps by May 23, 2015, will lead to the removal of the paper from the technical program and the conference record.
- Both the signed copyright form and the final camera ready version of your paper must be submitted on the email@example.com by May 23, 2015.
- In order to prepare name tags and e-book of abstracts each paper should be associated with at least one Author registration (Click) by May 23, 2015. A paper without registered authors will be withdrawn.
Step 1 – Copyright Form
The corresponding author for each paper must fill out a signed copy (*) of the IEEE Copyright Form and send the MS Word or PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 23, 2015.
The Copyright Form is available in MS Word and PDF at the following links:
* You can insert in the Word document a scanned image of your signature, or you can send a PDF scanned version of the signed copyright document.
Step 2 – Formatting Instructions
The formatting instructions provided in this section MUST be strictly followed in order for your paper to be included in the conference proceedings.
- The camera ready version of your paper must not exceed 6 double column pages (including all figures, references and appendices). Up to two additional pages (6+2) will be charged at USD30 per page (payment onsite).
- Use single-space, two-column US Letter page size (8.5″ x 11″)
- DO NOT include footers or headers
- DO NOT page number your manuscript
- DO NOT apply security settings to your PDF file,
- Add copyrightinfo to the first page
- Only PDF format is accepted
Preparing your IEEE-compliant Camera Ready Manuscript
Formatting instructions are available at the following IEEE Proceedings Templates for LaTeX and Microsoft Word users. To prepare and submit your IEEE-compliant camera ready manuscript, you should strictly follow the steps described below:
- Format your paper following the IEEE Proceedings Templates guidelines.
- The bottom left-hand side of the first page of your paper should be left empty for the later insertion of the IEEE copyright notice.
- Generate Xplore-compatible PDF file of your IEEE-compliant manuscript (see next section for detailed instructions on how to generate Xplore compatible PDF files).
- Submit your Xplore-compatible PDF file to the email@example.com by May 23, 2015.
Step 3 – Generating IEEE Xplore-Compatible PDF File
IEEE is very strict about the requirements for converting application files or PostScript files to full-text PDF for inclusion in IEEE Xplore. The new IEEE Xplore requirements for PDF will be enforced. All conference articles submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore must be in Xplore-compatible PDF format.
ICMSAO 2015 has registered for use of the IEEE tool: PDF eXpress. IEEE PDF eXpress is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing their authors to make IEEE Xplore-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF Check function).
If you would like to submit your source file to PDF eXpress for conversion and validation, PDF eXpress converts the following file types to PDF: Word Pro, WordPerfect, Rich Text Format, (La)TeX (DVI and all support files required)*, Postscript, Microsoft Word, Freelance, PageMaker, FrameMaker.
* For documents created in formats that do not embed source files, include all support files with the final manuscript in a compressed archive for submission. If it is possible to embed images in the source document, you should do so to avoid potential issues, such as missing graphics.
Instructions for using IEEE PDF eXpress:
Before Creating a PDF
- Add the copyright notice to the bottom of the first page of your source document.
For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is:
U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is:
978-1-4673-6601-4/15/$31.00 ©2015 Crown
For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is:
978-1-4673-6601-4/15/$31.00©2015 European Union
For all other papers the copyright notice is:
978-1-4673-6601-4/15/$31.00 ©2015 IEEE
- Proofread your source document thoroughly to confirm that it will require no revision.
Creating your PDF eXpress Account
- After May 15th you can click here to go to PDF eXpress. (PDF eXpress will open in a new browser window)
- Click link: ” New Users – Click here”
- Enter Conference ID: 34946X
- Enter your email address
- Choose a password
- Continue to enter information as prompted (You will receive an email confirming the successful creation of your account).
- Upload either your source file or PDF file for Conversion and/or PDF Checking
- Use PDF eXpress to obtain an IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file.
Previous users of PDF eXpress need to follow the above steps, but should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact information is valid.
- The site contains extensive instructions, resources, and helpful hints.
- Through your PDF eXpress account, you may submit your source application files for conversion to PDF, and/or submit PDFs for checking.
- You will have the opportunity to revise your submission if you are not satisfied with the PDF that PDF eXpress creates for you, or if the system finds problems with your paper, or if your PDF fails the PDF Check.
- Technical support via email and telephone is available if you experience trouble in creating your PDF. If you have any questions regarding PDF eXpress Web site, please contact the PDF eXpress support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If there is a problem with your file, you will receive an e-mail detailing the problem(s). Otherwise the system will e-mail you a copy of your IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file.
Submitting a file to IEEE PDF eXpress is ONLY for creation of a IEEE Xplore-compliant PDF file. You MUST still submit your final PDF file to email@example.com
- According to IEEE “No Show” policy, any paper not presented in the conference will be cancelled even if the author has paid the registration fees.
- Notice that the Registration fees for authors are not refundable.
- IEEE will not be able to publish your paper, if it is not in Xplore-compliant form.